Monday, September 16, 2013

Make An All Natural Deoderant (Aluminum free)




I made this all natural deodorant not too long ago. I'm very happy with it. This deodorant is aluminum and paraben free. Unlike the first time I tired to make deodorant (using a different recipe). It ended up turning out very crummy and it didn't work that well.  I originally
found this recipe for deodorant on a blog called Chocolate and Zuchinni. To View the original recipes, click HERE.


How To Make It:

2 1/2 Tablespoons of coconut oil

2 Tablespoons of Organic baking soda

3/4 cup of Beeswax

 1 teaspoon + 1 pinch of  Cornstarch

*I didn't use essential oils, but you can if you'd like.








Using a double broiler*  add all ingredients. Fill the bottom part of your double broiler 1/3 full. If using essential oils add that later. Melt your ingredients on medium heat. Now would be a good time to add your essential oils. Pour into an old deodorant container or small container. After I'd poured it into my old deodorant container, I discovered I had enough to pour into a  small baby food jar..which is what I did. If it turns out too hard add more coconut oil. If too soft, add more beeswax.


                 
     

* I used a glass jar and pot as my double broiler, because I don't like cleaning the double broiler out. When I'm done, I can just use the glass jar again for my beeswax.





If you made the deodorant, how did it turn out? Let me know below!








4 comments:

  1. How long does this last? Does it go bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose, I too make my own deodorant, I use coconut oil, beeswax, zinc oxide powder and the last time I made it I dropped a few drops of Rosemary and Lemongrass EO. I've used zinc oxide powder for years! Only in the past 6 months did I finally add coconut and beeswax and put it in a regular applicator. Prior to that I just wet it and put it under my arms, lasts for 2-5 days with no bacteria. Baking soda burned me when I tried it. I got the idea from Hulda Clark's book "Cure for All Cancers" back in 1995. Been using it since then! Also tried her "vodka" idea, that also works well! Love doing things natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try that!

      Delete