Friday, July 26, 2013

Dairy Free and Organic Chocolate Pudding




I was  recently looking for a chocolate pudding recipes and I found one The Frugal Girl.  The recipe called for cornstarch and since I didn't have any organic cornstarch I decided that I would use einkorn flour. The flour that I had just started using. It also called for milk and as you kno
w, I prefer not to drink milk, so I used almond milk (Silk's Almond Milk). So, you might as well say I changed the recipe around a bit. To view the original recipe, click HERE

2 1/2 Tablespoons of Organic Cocoa

1 1/2 cup of almond milk

1/2 a cup of organic cane sugar

3 Tablespoons of einkorn flour

A dab of sea salt



Add cocoa to a saucepan and add water until it resembles a paste. Measure in sugar and salt. Add only  one cup of almond milk (you'll use the other part later). Turn stove on low and slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. While waiting for it to come to a boil, get a medium sized bowl and mix the remaining almond milk and einkorn flour together. Once it comes to a boil, add the einkorn flour and almond milk. Bring back to a boil and stir for one minute. Pour the pudding in a bowl and let cool. Once cool, put it in the refrigerator until chilled. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment