Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fried Red Tomatoes with Sauted Onions



Fried Tomatoes with Sauted  Onions



After making the green tomatoes, I decided to try the same thing, only with red tomatoes. And this time I sauted onions with it. Again, my sister who hates tomatoes
, LOVED these! Score, again! I'll have another treat I'll be posting tomorrow!


Ingredients Needed:

1/3 cup of almond milk (there 
was no more coconut , so I used Silk Almond Milk)

1 cup of All Purpose Flour

3 Roma tomatoes and one large beef tomatoe 
(you'll need to use this measurement to get the same amount I ended up with)  

 Bragg's Liquid Aminos


Peanut Oil (I used Lou Anne's Peanut Oil. For a healthier solution, use olive oil or coconut oil) 


Skillet or grille (I use Orgreenic)


1/3 cup of diced sweet onions

Two medium sized bowls.

1 egg

Thongs

A plate

A fork 






Fried Red Tomatoes:

Drizzle your saucepan with peanut oil. You may need to add extra oil every now and then. Turn the stove on medium heat. While waiting for it to become warm, take one of the bowls and add the almond milk and crack the egg. Using the fork, whisk together. Using the 2nd bowl, add the flour. Wash your tomatoes. I prefer to wash my tomatoes in apple cider vinegar and then rinse with water. Thinly slice your tomatoes. Dip the red tomatoes in the egg and almond milk then in the flour. Place on the stove. Add the diced onions. Sprinkle the tomatoes with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Cook the tomatoes until crispy on each side. Cook the onions until lightly brown.



Mmmm...delicious!







Note: Like I've said before, you can find Bragg's Liquid Aminos at your local health food store or grocery store. The same goes with peanut oil.







What are your thoughts on this article???






Other articles on my blog you'll enjoy!

Orgreenic Tomatoes With Liquid Aminos

The Shocking Truth About Fluoride (that your dentist won't tell you!)

5 Interesting Things to Make and Do With Beets!

10 Ways to Reuse and Recycle



 



No comments:

Post a Comment