Monday, June 10, 2013

Orgreenic Tomatoes With Liquid Aminos


The Orgreenic Green Tomatoes I made




I've always wanted to try making fried green tomatoes, as I've never had them before. Fried green tomatoes are one of the most popular southern foods. True, this may not be all the same as fried green tomatoes, but very similiar. I did my best to make it as similiar as possible to fried to green tomatoes, and healthy at the same time. Both of these tomatoes
are fresh from the garden! I love these! My sister, who hates tomatoes, LOVES the fried tomatoes I made. Score! :)

Ingredients Needed:



1 cup of all purpose flour

1/3 cup of coconut milk (I prefer to use Silk's coconut milk)


1 egg


Bragg's Liquid Aminos (If you can't get Bragg's, you should be

 able to find another all natural
liquid aminos)

Grape-seed oil (I usually use this for baking

on high heat)

Grille or medium sized skillet (I used an Orgreenic pan)


Two medium sized tomatoes


Two me medium sized bowls







How to Make the Fried Green Tomatoes:


Grease the pan/grille with the grape-seed oil and turn the stove on medium heat. I only used a little bit of oil. While waiting for the stove to warm up, thinly slice the tomatoes. The thicker they are, the longer they take to cook.   Then, in one bowl, add the milk and the egg. In the other bowl, add the flour. You may need to add more flour from time to time. By this time, the stove should be warm enough to cook on. Add as much as  tomatoes will fit on the pan/grille. While cooking add Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Cook until brown on each side. You may want to add more of Bragg's Liquid Aminos after it's been cooked. Enjoy your fried green tomatoes!



Note:


You should be able to find Bragg's Liquid Aminos and Grape-seed oil at your local 

health food market or local grocery store.


Bragg's Liquid Aminos. It can be bought in either the large or small bottle.







What are your thoughts on this article???





No comments:

Post a Comment