Thursday, March 14, 2013

Organic Moon Cakes





I've been wanting to try making mini cakes or "moon cakes" as I've called them, but I never really got around to it. But, this week, I finally did. Trust me, these cakes are super delicious!






Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees                                     Grease a cookie sheet

What you'll need;

 

3 cups of organic all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. organic baking powder
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups coconut milk

 Other:
Chocolate icing (the recipe that I used is below)
Mini cake pans 
Organic coconut oil to grease the pans

Instructions:
 Combine mixture together.
Put cake mix in the mini cake pans until they're at least half full. Bake in the oven for 15 to twenty five minutes depending on the size pan you have.



How to make the delicious chocolate icing!

2 cups of organic powdered sugar (I made my own powdered
sugar. You can do this by add 1 tsp. cornstarch for every cup of sugar you use. Then place in blender until it resembles powdered sugar.) 

1/3 cup of organic coconut oil

3 tablespoons of organic cocoa

3 tablespoons of organic coconut milk

Mix together and then use an electric mixer until it resembles frosting. 


Note: Cake recipe is adapted from  Wilton





 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment