Saturday, March 30, 2013

Organic Mint chocolate chunk brownies



I actually planned on making these with non-minty chocolate bars. But, I apparantly didn't have any on hand, so I ended up using mint chocolate. I didn't think it would taste as good, b
ut I thought the mint chocolate chunk brownies were better than without mint. So, I'm glad I didn't have the regular chocolate, or else I wouldn't have tried mint chocolate chunk brownies!







Here's what you'll need:
Preheat oven: 350 degrees                         Grease a 13" by 9" pan

3/4 cup of organic mint chocolate bars
2/3 cup of organic coconut butter
2 cups of organic sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of organic baking powder
2 cups of organic all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon organic baking soda 
2 pinches of salt


How to make the brownies:
In a medium saucepan, add the coconut butter and the sugar over medium heat until it's reached a smooth consistency. Let cool for ten to fifteen minutes. Add the eggs, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, baking powder, flour and baking soda. Add the mint chocolate.
Next, evenly spread the batter onto the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment